Journal Articles and Papers by K. Alan Snyder
Following is a list of my articles on different aspects of history and government from a Christian point of view.
- “Ronald Reagan, Whittaker Chambers, and the Dialogue of Liberty,” Library of Law and Liberty, 2012.
- Conference on Faith and History, Huntington College, Huntington, Indiana. Presented a paper: “Home School History: A Comparison of the Sources.”, 2000.
- “Asa Hutchinson and Lindsey Graham: Principle or Partisanship in the Impeachment of President Clinton?” Paper presented for the Southern Political Science Association, Atlanta, Georgia, 2000.
- “Charles Finney: Should Christianity Mix with Politics?” Continuity: A Journal of History, 1999.
- Article on Noah Webster for Philosophy of Education: An Encyclopedia
Project of the Graduate School of Education, Rutgers University, 1996.
- Social Science History Association, Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
Presented paper: “Corrie ten Boom: A Protestant Evangelical Response to the Nazi Persecution of Jews.”, 1998.
- “Productivity and Religious Liberty”
Paper prepared for the Billy Graham Association for Dr. Graham’s visit to Communist China, 1988.
- “Crafting a Court-Proof Education Voucher”
Heritage Foundation Backgrounder (30 May 1985).
- “Public and Private Schools”
New Agenda for Education, The Heritage Foundation, 1985.
- “The Grace Report”
Commentary on the Grace Commission’s report on cutting government spending, The American Conservative Union, 1984.
- “Foundations of Liberty:
The Christian Republicanism of Timothy Dwight and Jedidiah Morse”
New England Quarterly (September 1983).
- Book review, Chesapeake Bay in the American Revolution
E. M. Eller, ed., Journal of Historical Studies (Spring 1982).
Book Reviews by K. Alan Snyder
- Alger Hiss: Why He Chose Treason, Christina Shelton, Social Science and Modern Society, 2013
- Whittaker Chambers: The Spirit of a Counterrevolutionary, Richard M. Reinsch II, Social Science and Modern Society, 2011
- On Faith and Free Government, Daniel C. Palm, ed., Christian Scholar’s Review, 1998
- Chesapeake Bay in the American Revolution, E.M. Eller, ed., Journal of Historical Studies, 1982
Newspaper Articles by K. Alan Snyder
- “Who is Censoring Whom in Schools?”
Guest column, Marion Chronicle Tribune, Marion, IN (5 September 1993)
- “Two Worldviews on Collision Course”
Guest column, Marion Chronicle Tribune, Marion, IN (20 November 1992)
- “Jefferson Wasn’t a Conservative”
Forum page, The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, OH (5 April 1984)
Guides to Army Corps of Engineers Papers by K. Alan Snyder
- A Guide to Records for the Study of WWII Temporary Buildings
- Annual Historical Review [1984-1988]
- United States Army Engineer Center, Fort Belvoir
- Guides to Personal Papers Collections:
- Gen. Hugh J. Casey Papers
- Gen. William Black Papers
- Howard Cook Papers
- Gail Hathaway Papers
- Arthur Maass Papers