Journal Articles and Papers by K. Alan Snyder
Following is a list of my articles on different aspects of history and government from a Christian point of view. Some of these articles will download in PDF.
- “Ronald Reagan, Whittaker Chambers, and the Dialogue of Liberty,” Library of Law and Liberty, 2012.
- “Ronald Reagan on Franklin Roosevelt: The Significance of Style,” First Principles, 2008.
- “The ‘Higher’ Education of Whittaker Chambers: Columbia University, Nihilism, and Despair,” First Principles, 2008.
- “Was Whittaker Chambers Wrong?” First Principles, 2008.
- Conference on Faith and History, Huntington College, Huntington, Indiana. Presented a paper: “Home School History: A Comparison of the Sources.”, 2000.
- “Asa Hutchinson and Lindsey Graham: Principle or Partisanship in the Impeachment of President Clinton?” Paper presented for the Southern Political Science Association, Atlanta, Georgia, 2000.
- “Charles Finney: Should Christianity Mix with Politics?” Continuity: A Journal of History, 1999.
- Article on Noah Webster for Philosophy of Education: An Encyclopedia
Project of the Graduate School of Education, Rutgers University, 1996.
- Social Science History Association, Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
Presented paper: “Corrie ten Boom: A Protestant Evangelical Response to the Nazi Persecution of Jews.”, 1998.
- “Productivity and Religious Liberty”
Paper prepared for the Billy Graham Association for Dr. Graham’s visit to Communist China, 1988.
- “Crafting a Court-Proof Education Voucher”
Heritage Foundation Backgrounder (30 May 1985).
- “Public and Private Schools”
New Agenda for Education, The Heritage Foundation, 1985.
- “The Grace Report”
Commentary on the Grace Commission’s report on cutting government spending, The American Conservative Union, 1984.
- “Foundations of Liberty:
The Christian Republicanism of Timothy Dwight and Jedidiah Morse”
New England Quarterly (September 1983).
- Book review, Chesapeake Bay in the American Revolution
E. M. Eller, ed., Journal of Historical Studies (Spring 1982).
See my Online Contributions to such sites as
BARBWIRE.com and BREITBART.com
Book Reviews by K. Alan Snyder
- Alger Hiss: Why He Chose Treason, Christina Shelton, Social Science and Modern Society, 2013
- Whittaker Chambers: The Spirit of a Counterrevolutionary, Richard M. Reinsch II, Social Science and Modern Society, 2011
- On Faith and Free Government, Daniel C. Palm, ed., Christian Scholar’s Review, 1998
- Chesapeake Bay in the American Revolution, E.M. Eller, ed., Journal of Historical Studies, 1982
Newspaper Articles by K. Alan Snyder
- “Who is Censoring Whom in Schools?”
Guest column, Marion Chronicle Tribune, Marion, IN (5 September 1993)
- “Two Worldviews on Collision Course”
Guest column, Marion Chronicle Tribune, Marion, IN (20 November 1992)
- “Jefferson Wasn’t a Conservative”
Forum page, The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, OH (5 April 1984)
Guides to Army Corps of Engineers Papers by K. Alan Snyder
- A Guide to Records for the Study of WWII Temporary Buildings
- Annual Historical Review [1984-1988]
- United States Army Engineer Center, Fort Belvoir
- Guides to Personal Papers Collections:
- Gen. Hugh J. Casey Papers
- Gen. William Black Papers
- Howard Cook Papers
- Gail Hathaway Papers
- Arthur Maass Papers